Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If...

Back to campus - Semester 3!

Nothing much happened lately... though... 

I find myself struggling to play with more speed... It's making me crazy & I keep asking myself "Why can't I do that????"  *sigh* 
And then... there's another thing that suddenly appeared.. Improvement or just an odd thing? I don't know yet. It's like this. When I play a piece, I realise that I'm trying to match the sound with the sound in my head. Sometimes I ended up just pressing whichever key I thought sounds like it... Sure, I make many mistakes, but I think it's good for me to develop a confidence during playing.

Oh, yeah.. A week before Semester 3 started, I read a post by a newly enrolled university-mate. She's majoring in music (piano). It made me thought of my own future. What if I didn't stop learning to play the piano 12 years ago? Will I be heading to the music field too? Will I aim to become a professional pianist? Though... there's many factors to be taken in account too actually... 12 years ago, my family wouldn't afford buying an upright piano... To be frank, I was afraid of my piano teacher at that time. BUT. Even with all those factors... if I made it through... I wonder...

How would that musical future look like?