Thursday, July 08, 2010

Songs I Never Knew

These past few days, I had discovered many new (for me) inspiring songs. Mostly instrumental. Okay. All instrumental. Haha. I believe I would discover more in the future... this inspired-like feeling seems so new to me that I can't wait to see to which direction it will bring me to musically.

Oh, yeah. I also finally found two answers to some of my "Whose song was that?" questions. There's so many popular piano instrumental songs out there (hard to search a song online if you only know the melody and not the name of the song and the artist who played it), I thought it was amazing that the answers came to me when I wasn't seeking them.  ^_^

Anyway. The songs are : Richard Clayderman's "Ballade Pour Adeline" (which I found out later was originally composed by Paul de Senneville) & Frank Mill's "Music Box Dancer". I've always heard the former song since I was little. But last year, something brought it back to mind (with bits of my childhood memories). I heard of it played by my music school's principal when she was demonstrating to a customer. It was night. I was so surprised when she started playing with a fortissimo, but that might be because of the acoustic of the show room. 


Richard Clayderman - Ballade pour Adeline


Music Box Dancer - Frank Mills

  

I will learn to play those songs on the piano. I WILL. 

(I found the piano scores for "Ballade pour Adeline" here & "Music Box Dancer" here. Big thanks to these piano sheets that are available online.... =P)